The Spanish Biotechnology Society was formally established in 1989, with the aim of “Promoting the development of Biotechnology in Spain in all of its branches and activities”.
The aims of SEBIOT are:
- To promote and organize scientific meetings
- To contribute to the contact between biotechnologists and other scientists and technologists
- To foster Biotechnology research and facilitate the dissemination of knowledge
- To channel collaboration activities with scientific entities, both public and private.
- To boost the interchange with other countries, especially those belonging to the European Union
- To sponsor scientific publications
SEbiot is “Branch Office” of the European Federation of Biotechnology (EFB) from 2003.
Here you will find a summary of SEBiot initial history in its beginnings (in Spanish).